Monday, August 20, 2007

My First 12x12 Templates!!

So I've put my first set of 12x12 templates up in the store at Scraphead. Check them out:

You can find them here. Let me know what you think!

I also finished another page for the ADSR. This one had to be an embarrassing moment. Here it is:

Journaling: So I’m at this party at the house of a friend from work and I see this really cute guy that I’d never met before. I made sure to strategically place myself in such a way as to finally meet him. We were chatting and getting along really well, I thought. He started to talk about how he sings and him and his brothers had just finished performing in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. Well that so happens to be my favorite musical and the one I dream of being in, so of course I tell him this. I’m going on and on about how much I love that show and how I want to perform the part of the narrator some day. I was being quite passionate. Then all of a sudden the conversation went stale and ended rather quickly. I wondered what I had done. Did I say something wrong? Throughout our whole conversation we had never mentioned our names, so I went up to the friend who was throwing the party and asked who this mystery guy was. “Oh, he’s one of the Osmond brothers,” he calmly stated. Osmond?!? As in Donnie and Marie!! As in the entire family is famous for performing in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat?! No wonder he walked away! He must have thought I was trying to get on the inside. Weasel my way into a part in the show. Trying to kiss up to him and his talent. If only he had known that I had no idea who he really was! If only I hadn’t spoken so passionately about the show. I was so embarrassed about what he was probably thinking about me. He had the completely wrong idea about me. It is totally self-inflicted embarrassment, but I feel it all the same! He thinks I’m a crazy nut, and I was just trying to impress a cute guy.

You can see the credits here.

-------------------------------------

We had a really good weekend. On Saturday we went swimming again. Then that night we went and had dinner at Panera (one of our favorites) and then went and wandered through a book store, a craft store and a pet store. It was so much fun!

Sunday night we went over to our friends' house to make cookies and play games. We all talk so much, though, that by the time we started a game it was time to get the kids home to bed. But the cookies were really good. We made the Neiman Marcus ones. Yum.

Today I was so productive it was almost scary. I did the laundry. I took Ella to the library. I put my templates in the shop. I worked on crocheting an elephant for Alex (more about it when I finish). We went to Wal-mart and bought soooo much stuff to try and finish up our emergency evacuation kit. So expensive for something you hope to never have to use. We still have more to get too. I even made dinner and emptied the dishwasher and swept the kitchen and more! Whew! I had to spend my evening browsing the IKEA catalog to calm down. I love IKEA and we are thinking of visiting Andrea next week and she lives much closer to an IKEA than I do. We are plotting on ditching the guys at a water park and running off and spending money like crazy. There is so much stuff I want there it will be hard to control myself!!

-----------------------------------------

An Ella funny. When she was brushing her teeth tonight she got water all over the mirror. I made her clean it up and while she was wiping down the mirror she said, "I was making fireworks!" How can you be mad when they are being so creative! So funny.

Anyways. enough rambling for one night. Tomorrow promises to not be quite as productive because I used up all my energy today! We'll see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh love that layout you did for the ADSR, really great story, thanks for sharing.

Mira Designs said...

Wow, that sounds so productive that it's almost exhausting.. ;) I wish I had a day like that somewhere in the near future as there's so many errands I'd have to take care of before going to Africa.. And speaking of IKEA, they are building IKEA in my home town and it'll open next year!! I'm not quite sure if that's a good thing though cause I think part of the appeal of IKEA is that you can't go there every day.. But, it's still cool! :)

Brittney said...

Where to start -

*Love the templates! Planning on snagging them!
*LOVE the StarStruck LO. Left you big love in the gallery.
*Your day sounds amazing. I wish I could get that much done!
*Fireworks on the mirror sounds like fun! WHAT A CUTIE!! It's those little memories you have to write down and remember.

xoxo