Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Little Bit O'Scrappin

Between the craziness of babysitting 3 kids this morning and the insanity of life I managed to get a page done today.


Credits here.

I think it's funny that people keep commenting about how the title fits the page and so on and so on. But I don't think they are reading the footnote. That's what the asterisk is for. Don't people remember how to follow them? Well if you read the footnote you would see that it says "*Most of the time." So really, the page isn't as sweet as it appears to be. I like it. It reminds me of pages that ksharonk makes. Nice and simple, yet fun nonetheless.

---------------------------
In reference back to the babysitting this morning, it was a nightmare. I had been asked to watch someone's kids while their stuff got moved into the house. I was told 2 kids and I would get a call about how long, what time, etc. Well this morning I'm still sitting around in my pajamas when the doorbell rings. Great. And it's not 2 kids, it's 3!! They run in the house and immediately start destroying things and running around like crazies. Oh my. It was a long morning. Luckily they had arranged to have someone take them for the afternoon because I might have pulled my hair out by then. This just makes me really appreciate my calm, not picky eater, non-destructive children. What kid doesn't like peanut butter by the way! No I want square cheese, not string cheese. Nothing on my turkey sandwich. Goldfish, gross. Sigh.

Anyways.

Anton failed his flight again today. He will be redoing it tomorrow. If he fails again he'll have to go before a review I think. Hopefully we won't have to find out. At least he's not puking and failing at the same time.

Alex has started doing all sorts of sign language. It surprises me because we haven't really taught him any. Tonight I was singing "If You're Happy and you Know it" and on the verse where you shout Hooray! he was throwing his little chubby arms up in the air. So cute.

Ella counted backwards today from 10, just out of the blue. I really need to make it a point to do some focused learning (aka play) with her. She's got about half of her letters, but mixes up all the rest. She loves to write her name, though. She writes it everywhere. She loves to dance and twirl. She'll put on her pink tutu and grab my finger and spin and spin.

(Spur of the moment photo addition, sorry no pretty editing, and sorry for the immodesty!) She also has a life size Barbie that wears a pink tutu too and she'll dance all over the living room with her. It's so cute.

These are the reasons I scrapbook. So I can remember all these little things that I may not think to make note of, that I know I'll forget later on. So much fun!

No comments: