Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Livin' it up in Louisiana!

Here we are in hot and humid Louisiana. We've been keeping nice and busy. Yesterday we spent the day in "town" running errands and such. We went to a really cool flea market, but there were too many breakables and too many kids so we just did a lap and left. We haven't gotten much scrapping in yet. But yesterday Ella got to ride a horse! She was a little nervous to, but once I promised to hold her she agreed. She loved it. It was too dark to get pictures, but we'll be doing it again when it's light so I can get some good ones. We're having a crawfish boil tomorrow and going to a Southern Living party on Friday. Then Saturday to the rodeo! Between all this and all the kids running around like crazies we've been kept busy.

But last night after things calmed down and kids were in bed I did manage to whip out a page. I used the charity kit from Songbird Avenue. Here it is:



Journaling says: What is it about kids and their blankets? They must smell like magic candy because Ella and Lane are always sniffing theirs. But they sure do love their blankies, comfort and love in one easy package. 28 Mar 2007

It's just a simple one. I've been wanting to scrap that picture for a while, but it was proving to be a challenge because of all the different colors in it. But this kit worked perfectly!

We don't have much planned for today, just the regular everyday stuff. Maybe we'll get out the dirt bikes today! I'll post pictures later!

BTW, not that this is an after thought, but I'm so excited I was chosen as a member of the Weeds and Wildflowers creative team!! My sister saw it first and called me in hysterics! (She actually applied too, but didn't mind that she wasn't chosen.) I'm really excited to get to work with them and their amazing kits. I've already added their blinkie over there <--------. (Underneath the link you can click on to vote for me in Queen of the Crop!)

3 comments:

Monique said...

such a sweet layout! my DD has 2 blankies that she just can't live without, for her it's the texture of it, sooooo soft!

Bird Stalker Photography said...

congratulations on the ct team! cute layout!

Beverly

Jen U said...

Awww how cute, I need to do a blankie LO too, yours is awesome, TFS! :)