Saturday, September 8, 2007

Another Week

I've been a bad blogger. Going a whole week without writing a thing. Oh well. I can always catch up on it all now. Having Anton home means we don't follow our typical schedule. Actually, we don't follow much of a schedule at all. We've spent a lot of time this week on the computer. We made the mistake to pick up my 3-pack of Myst games and we've been playing those into the wee hours of the night for a few nights. But we did manage to get out of the house a few times.

On Wednesday night we went and had dinner with our friends. We only have one set of friends so there is no need to specify which friends. It's the one thing I'm sad about with Anton dropping out of the program, we'll have to move away from our first real friends.

On Thursday we took the kids to a park to play. The weather has finally cooled down enough that we are able to do outside activities. It makes for a nice change of pace. This particular park is quite large. The kids love it.

There was sliding fun:

There was swinging fun:

There was airplane flying fun:

(Note Anton on his cell phone, that's how he was the whole time.)

There was also some bridge fun:

It was lightly sprinkling the whole time, but since it was so nice and cool out we didn't care.

On the way home we stopped by Wal-mart for a few things we needed, when what did I behold?

Cobalt blue dishes. I already have a set I got while I was in college but it only has 4 place settings. And since then the ones I have are no longer made. So I've been keeping my eyes out for them ever since because whenever we have guests over we don't have enough plates for everyone. These are not the same as the ones I have, but they are close enough. It came with 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, and 4 wonderfully deep bowls. All for under $10!!! Love it! I'd like to someday round out the set with some white plates, maybe with a blue stripe. Then my dishes will be purposefully mismatched! Ah the little joys in life. I love my cobalt blue dishes.

Yesterday Anton was out watering the lawn and the kids wandered out and decided it looked like fun!

They were soaking wet in seconds. What's life without a little spontaneous water play?

Alex liked to pick the sprinkler up and swing it around and wound of getting everyone wet:

Isn't he cute?

Ella really likes to drink from the sprinkler:

The closer she could get her face the better:

Wouldn't it be nice to be a kid again and have such simple pleasures?

(The only photo of the set I bothered to edit. She's such a silly cutie.)

Today Anton decided he needed to throw a BBQ. He invited all of his pilot buddies as kindof a last hoorah together. We had it at a park near here that's right on the river with a little beach. Ella swam the whole time, Alex played in the pack-n-play, and us adults socialized. It was a lot of fun and went well. I hate hosting large events like this. I left everything up to Anton since it was his idea. It was much less stressful for me that way. It was lots of fun.

This evening we went for a short bike ride. It would have been longer, but we left a little late and it was getting dark.

Then tonight I spent playing with frosting. I'm contemplating perhaps doing cake decorating as a side job when we move so I figured I'd better see if I still had any of my previously learned skills. It all came back pretty quick, but the frosting recipe I used was an all butter one and it swiftly turned from smooth nice frosting to runny melty frosting from the heat of my hands. I ended up with it all on the waxed paper I was using for practice and finger painted with it instead. Lots of fun. It's quite satisfying to squish piled of frosting through your fingers. Try it sometime. I couldn't convince Anton to play with me. He sure did miss out.

And that catches us up to today. This next week doesn't promise to be much more than this last one. We'll just have to see what we can make of it! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome back to your blog. I loved your pics. I'm glad you liked my pages with your templates. They aren't half as good as your original ones, but I just love using a template anyway. How nice to have Anton home and have a relaxing time. And good thing it's cooling off there! Man, I hated that weather. Who are your friends? I couldn't remember who has a little girl named Bella that I knew. Have a fun week, even if it's uneventful!

Mira Designs said...

Nice to hear from you! :) And it was great to see all those pictures. I just LOVED the last one of Ella! It's so cute and you'll scrap an awesome LO with it.. ;) And cake decorating sounds like a super fun job! :)

Andrea said...

Alex is so cute!! Picking up that sprinkler and getting everyone wet!! He is such a boy!!! Great pics!! You can make me a cake!!! Yummy!! I won't mind the frosting fingers!!! I promise!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, im enjoying learning about cake decorating on your blog LOL. Im loving the photos of the babies too. Ive contemplated learning how to make cakes, Im creative, but its not born, i know this is a talent im not born with but oh well LOL.

Great video of the baby in the street and your little girl like... what! i didnt do it. LOL. I also have a little Alex-ander.

If your not already advertising your freebies to my site www.DigiScrapDepot.com, then I beg you to do so. You rock mama =)

Vicky Laursen
Admin-Owner
DigiScrapDepot.com