Monday, February 14, 2011

The Employment Adventure Begins!

Well, it's official, our "temporary" stay in Utah is over.  We drove out today.  I had a small moment of panic when we were sitting in McDonald's for lunch and Anton's phone rang and the guy on the other end said he was from the FAA.  I knew he was going to say, "Oh, your class has been cancelled.  Sorry.  You'll have to wait another six months."  But all was well.  He just wanted to know how much Anton weighed and what color his eyes were for some reason.

So now I'm chilling in an awesome town in Nebraska.  Yeehaw!  We ate at the nicest, and only, Mexican restaurant in town.  It was a small step up from Taco Bell.  A very romantic way to spend Valentine's Day.  We also played in the pool and melted in the lava pot they call a hot tub.  It was HOT!

You know what I hate about staying in hotels?  Well, one of many things.  I hate that my kids won't sleep while any lights are on and Anton and I are still up.  I don't want to go to bed at 8, which is when I would like them to be asleep.  Now it's after 9 and they're still wiggling around over there.  I'll have to give up soon and go lay in bed in the dark being bored.  If the battery hadn't died in my mp3 player, I could at least entertain myself by listening to Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, but alas, the new batteries and the charger are in the suitcase on the bottom of the pile in the back of the car.  :(

And so begins our new adventure, and hopefully some more blogging on my part.  Since we will now be away from all family, it's only fair to try and keep them up to date with what we're doing.

Look out Ohhhhhhh-klahoma, here we come!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nebraska? Why do you have to drive through Nebraska to get to Oklahoma?
Camille