Anton and the kids were gone again today. And while he was slaving at his mom's house, I was actually getting things done here. Here's what I've managed to accomplish since they left last night:
1. I got much farther on the job I was working on than I had planned.
2. I did the dishes and washed all the plastic baggies that had been collecting next to the sink. (I reuse baggies. Yes, I'm a scrooge.)
3. Took the burners off the stove and cleaned off the whole thing.
4. Swept and mopped the kitchen floor. (It's only about 3x6, so this isn't a huge feat.)
5. Scrubbed my bathroom toilet.
6. Updated and organized my grocery price book.
7. Found my sister an easy recipe for her London broil.
8. Folded, stuffed, and labeled all the invitations to our March Enrichment activity for church.
8. Added to my emergency storage by filling all our empty mason jars with water. This added 3.5 gallons of water to the 35 gallons we already have stored. Every little bit helps!
Things I still want to do today:
1. Find my sewing machine. Not sure where it got put after we moved. In the shed perhaps?
2. Finish the job I'm working on so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow when I have the kids underfoot.
So this may not be the longest list in the world, but compared to what I accomplish on a typical day, this is monumental! It feels good to actually get something done around here. Too bad the to-do list is far from being done away with. Anyone want to help me sort through the piles of clothes my kids have managed to aquire? Ugh.