Monday, March 2, 2009

Today's Creative Efforts

Instead of doing all the work I needed to do and instead of doing laundry or any other useful thing today, I continued on in my need for creativity. I can't explain what it is right now, but I just have this crazy urge to do anything and everything artsy crafty. Today was no exception. So here's what I did today.

First of all, I taped a bird to my wall.

I felt the need for a little happiness above my blank window in my living room.

He's just sitting there above my horridly messy desk keeping an eye on everything. I just cut him out of red paper and used contact paper to stick him to the wall. I would've used tape, but our tape is still in a box somewhere. Sad, I know.

Then in keeping with the hangar theme of before, I used another pants hanger to hang up the little shorts that Ella wore home from the hospital when she was born.

I made those letters back when we lived in Florida.

Now they hang exceptionally high above her horridly messy (do you sense a theme here?) dresser that's missing two knobs. Anton hung them. He doesn't understand the concept of even spacing and the like. I'm just lucky they're in a straight line.

I'm now kicking myself for not keeping any of Alex's baby clothes. I was determined to prove that I won't be having any more children and I got rid of them all. So though Alex has cute letters too, he's got nothing fun to hang from them. Sigh.

I also spent a fair amount of time trying to decide on exactly how to paint a chandelier on my chair. Random, I know. But I think it's cool, so humor me. And since I can't decide for the life of me, how about you all decide for me? There are three choices:

First is the large and slightly off center.

Second is small with the ceiling cornice thingy whatever it's called showing at the top.

Third is large and hanging off the edge.

So cast your vote, and once I can find some freezer paper (makes for a great cheapy stencil material), I'll will actually get it painted on.

And my final work avoidance task of the day was to iron piles of plastic grocery bags. I've read a few places about fusing the bags together to make them into a kind of plasticy fabric, and I thought it would be fun to try. So try I did. I had partial success and will continue my endeavors until probably a reusable tote has been created. No pictures of this one yet.

So there you go. If you need something to waste your time, just let me know. I'm sure I can come up with something good! And let me know what chair you like best so I have something to waste my time on another day!

8 comments:

Harmony said...

I love the third version!

Monique said...

3! Pick 3! I feel like the King's knights in Shrek (Lord Vordord or something) when he wants to pick a princess. Pick 3 my Lord!

Andrea said...

Okay, so Harmony is way cooler than me when it comes to decorating so maybe it's three. But I kind of like the second one. But I have no fashion sence. Sorry. I love those cute shorts!!

Tonia said...

I agree with everyone else that I like the 3rd one. I love the letters in Ella's room - what a great idea to hang the shorts, it's so cute! You are unfairly creative!

Lucy said...

Uh oh, I like 2...

Julene said...

You're on a roll. Definitely go with the first chair. Off center and big. Good luck.

Hadlock Hideaway said...

I must say... I like the third.

I got the pillow last week... way to cute! Thank you!

You know getting rid of clothes doesn't really mean you wont end up with more kids...lol. Amber had a surprise right after she got rid of everything... just teasing... your kids are lucky to have such a creative, fun mother.

Al said...

I like the first one!