Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Day

The kids have been waiting very impatiently for it to finally snow, and last night it did! It's the first time we've been in snow in two years.


See how much there is? A whole 2 inches! There was so much snow that they called us this morning to say they'd canceled church!

These sort of blizzard white-out conditions certainly warrant the cancellation of church. We wouldn't want to be out wandering and get lost.


Anton claims it's because they have no snow removal equipment here and the roads are all ice. But, oh well. Either way, I didn't have to go to church, and that's fine with me.

And I knew that since the kids have been waiting so long to play in the snow, it would happen to be on a Sunday so they couldn't go play in it. However, we had a package to pick up in the office, so we bundled the kids up for a long, short walk over there.

The first thing both the kids figured out was throwing snowballs.


And yes, Ella is in a dress in the snow. She refused to put pants on.


Alex is chasing me with a snowball in his hand. He thinks it's super fun to throw them at mommy and daddy. While Alex was having all sorts of fun,

Ella was busy freezing.


We grabbed our package (it was the Playfoam finally, Harmony!!!) and went back to our apartment. Ella and I made hot chocolate for everyone while daddy helped Alex build his first snowman. It was little and cute and I didn't get a picture.

So hooray for snow and canceled church and kids who love to play in the snow!!

4 comments:

Hadlock Hideaway said...

How fun! Man if they canceled church growing up for 2 or more inches of snow... we wouldn't of had church all winter.

Andrea said...

I laughed so hard when I saw Ella in her dress!! And then the picture of her freezing!! LOL!! Poor girl. She is hard headed!!

Alex is too cute running around in the snow!! How much fun to have church cancelled so you could play in the snow.

Monique said...

I love the first shot of the snow! That looks beautiful!

I hear you on the dress. Maleia would wear one morning, noon, and night. I think they get smarter when they reach Kindergarten bc Haley has realized what COLD is. :) finally.

David and Jacquee said...

I am jealous that you got snow. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and that you didn't let the snow go to waste. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!