Sunday, January 18, 2009

Poor Baby

Yesterday Alex was playing around in the house when Anton noticed something funny about his neck. He called him over and had him turn around, and sure enough, there was a huge lump on the side of his neck. Now, just so you can appreciate how large the lump really is, I will first show you a picture of how his neck normally looks:

Such a cute little neck. I've often wondered how in the world it holds up his huge head.

And here's what it looks like now:

Look at that thing! He doesn't act like it bothers him, though he says it hurts when we push on it. So we'll watch it for a few days, and if it doesn't go away, we'll take him to the doctor.

I'm beginning to think that there is nothing in the world my kids won't catch. Did you know Ella has had thrush, reflux, hand foot and mouth disease, the rotavirus, and more? She's a walking carrier monkey. So it comes as a relief when my kids come up with new and far less messy illnesses such as a lump on the neck. I'll take lymph nodes over bodily fluids any day!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh dear, that doesn't look good at all. I hope it goes down!! Ice, lots of ice!!

Dasha said...

I wouldn't wait. Best get it checked out. Especially something with the lymph nodes.

Harmony said...

Whoa, that thing is big! I'm glad you posted a "before" picture too. Why do kids always get weird things on holiday weekends too? Mine are famous for it!

Monique said...

Okay! So I freak out about this stuff, so I would take him in, like, ten minutes ago!!! Hope he gets well soon!

Life as a Greenstreet said...

Yeah, you're calmer than me...I'd be at the Dr. And, I'm not a freak out kind of mom...but lumps freak me out.

Harmony said...

Wait, wait! I need updates--I guess since he's eating things fast and having rainbow oatmeal (which I almost wrote "underpants"--it's too late at night for me) he must be doing better!