Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vacation!!

So after a lot of talk and planning and more talk and more planning, Anton and I finally bit the bullet and booked a vacation, just for us. We're going to go on a week-long cruise that hits 3 stops in Mexico.

My mom is going to come out and watch the kids for us. This will be the first time in the 6 years we've been married that we've gone on vacation without kids. I take that back, when Ella was a baby we had one night away for a wedding, but that was it. We are soooooooo looking forward to this. We both desperately feel like we need a rejuvenating break. And who cares if Anton will be jobless and there's no future proposed date of employment. We can always go on welfare, right? But vacations are a necessity. :)

So, if any of you have ever been to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, or Puerto Vallarta and there is an activity we must do or a place we must go, let me know! We're all about planning our own outings and not doing the cruise ship's expensive ones. I am so excited that it's going to be hard to wait to go. I think I need to go buy some cruise clothes and maybe a new bathing suit. Welfare here I come.

6 comments:

Ariella said...

You are going to LOVE it! Oh I'm so jealous. We had so much fun back in May. You totally deserve it. Kid rearing is hard work. yay for cruises!

Monique said...

I have been to all three several times each and they are all great. I actually like Mazatlan the best. (Though it was brought in...) The beach there seemed to be the best. And THAT, my friend, is all you need. Just North of Mazatlan 10 min. there is a big clamming place where you can go clamming. Buy and bring your own snorkeling gear. You will pay for it after two rentals. for real. And the snorkeling is usually better in Mazatlan. Depending on the clarity of the water and if there was a storm within the week. Just ask. Also, Cabo is an AWESOME place to go big game fishing, if you are interested and don't get sea sick. BRING BONINE either way. Dramamine makes you drowsy. We would take people out on our fishing cruiser and go all the way across the baja to Cabo from San Carlos to fish for Marlin, Mahi Mahi, and Yellow Tail Tuna. And believe me, fresh tuna is NOTHING like the canned junk. Puerto Vallarta is known for their GIANT shrimp. So if you go out to eat, get some just boiled and chilled with some shrimp sauce, or get bacon wrapped grilled shrimp. mmmm. The Mexican coast is the only place I will eat seafood. Yes, I am a snob. Stay away from sea urchin on the rocky parts of the beaches and depending on when you go, ask about the migration of the jellyfish... you don't want to know what you have to do if you get stung. Oh! And ask if there are any estuaries on the beaches nearby. They are usually at the end of beaches. We stay away from the big ports and just go to the lesser crowded areas, but they might be too far away... Anyway, I am really jealous. Have fun!!

Amy said...

I'm starting to feel jealous. Adam and I have had get-aways (one night) for our anniversaries, but not ever a vacation.

Hadlock Hideaway said...

How fun! We got to go to on a cruise last December.. Go to Lovers Beach in Cabo. I just saw it from a far and I wish we went.. of course I was pregnant and couldn't do much of the really fun stuff... so swim with the dolphins for me!

David Kleparek said...

Camille and I went to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon, but that was 5 years ago. I really liked the area, but we were at a resort for most of the time. How long are you going to be stopped at each of those places?

Andrea said...

Oh that looks like fun!! I think that beach in the second picture looks awesome!! You better get a picture of you and Anton just like that!!! I have never been to any of those places and would really love to go. I am so excited for you!!!