Monday, August 4, 2008

On Our Way

After much rearranging, sorting, and even more cleaning, the movers managed to get all our stuff boxed up and on the truck and away it went. We made one last visit to our empty house before heading on our way ourselves.

Ella and Alex had been at friends' houses the whole time all of this was going on. When we got to the house, Ella rushed in to look for her books. She came walking back out slowly with tears welling in her eyes. It was so sad. But I explained to her that her books were on their way to Washington near Grandma and Grandpa and she cheered up. Then promptly went and used the bathroom that I had just been cleaned. Oh well.

I was afraid we weren't going to fit everything in our car, but Anton the superpacker managed to get it all in there and even left room for the kids!

As we were driving away I realized that in the stress and business of the whole moving thing we kindof neglected to really say goodbye properly to most of our friends. So for those of you who didn't get an official goodbye, goodbye! Though I'm kindof glad I didn't get real goodbyes because I'm not very good at them. I usually end up crying. Besides, this world is so small you end up running into people you know everywhere. Also with blogs and the internet noone is ever very far away.

But we need to send out super special thanks to the people who helped us out watching kids and cleaning houses. So Tonia, Brooke, Jacquee and David, a huge thanks to you guys. I could never have done it all without you. My baseboards had never looked so clean, nor probably ever will. :)

I'll be keeping you all updated as we make our various stops across the country, so keep your eyes peeled. If you happen to be driving down the road and see an overloaded minivan with the mom crawling into the back seat to discipline her children, it's probably us!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Sniff sniff!! I don't want you to move! It's not fair? I hate saying good byes too! Not fun. I alway get way to emotional and cry. I am so glad you are visiting me now!! I will hold you hostage and never let you leave.

Lucy said...

Have a fun journey!

Tonia said...

I was thinking the other day that we didn't really get to say goodbye - I am so offended ;) Just kidding I know it was crazy to get away, things have been crazy with us too and we aren't even moving yet. I'm glad you have your blog so we can keep in touch and like you said, who knows we may just end up in the same neck of the woods again someday (let's just hope it's someplace a little more exciting than Milton (I think it's safe to say that since you are gone now, right?)).

Linds said...

Good luck! That's a long time on the road, but breaking it up with visits will help!

tami said...

Good luck with your long LONG road trip! I wish you many naps. :)

SixShooter said...

YAY!!!!! SO does that mean you get to come visit all the time now?? I think everyone should move closer! But I am envious of the fact that you get to move to washington! Thats were I want to live. Well I'm going to keep a vigilant effort to not slack at my blogging attendance. SO yeah, have a safe trip!!

David and Jacquee said...

I hope all the driving is going good and that Anton's race went well. I was sad to see you guys go. And I secretly wished that I was moving too. Not all the way to Washington but Utah would work for me. Be safe!

Dasha said...

Are you there yet? I'm just waiting to see a new post and read all about our cross country trek. Hope all is well with you and your family.